Monday, March 7, 2011

Tonight Hallie wanted to go swimming, like Shelby did, but last time was just too much of a fiasco by myself, so I told her we would have to do that with the whole family sometime. Tonight we did something that a ton of other families do here in Rexburg on Friday nights. We went to McDonalds so Hallie could play on the play structure. She loved it.
                As soon as we got in the car Hallie started talking. She said that she was so disappointed that the Fat Cats took over the Rex, because the Rex used to have huge inflatable jump houses inside that the girls loved to play on. There was even a huge 15-20 foot inflatable slide that they could go down as well. When Fat Cats took over they replaced it with the mini golf.
                While Hallie was talking about that she began to explain how she was scared of everything. She said that she was scared of black cats, and she was scared for her sisters if we left the car door open too long while we were getting in, because she wouldn’t want Mya to be scared if a cat jumped in the car. She said that kids will be scared of all of the skeletons at the mini golf place. She said she is scared of the mini golf characters as well, but if I am with her she isn’t. She then said, I am scared of everything, I am just really sensitive. She said I am scared of the forest sometimes, because there could be pirates and skeletons out there. This conversation went on until we got to McDonalds.
                Hallie had to have a pink drink from McDonalds, but also wanted a cupcake from the coco Bean. Hallie has gotten to be pretty friendly and outgoing. She is still shy, but if you give her a few moments she will open up. She ended up making friends with a girl there and they played on the play structure for a long time. After her friend left Hallie recognized a boy from her school and gymnastics. She played tag with him and his brother and sister for another hour. We were there for two hours. I could not get Hallie to leave. We finally had to, because everyone at home was waiting for us to bring dinner home. I was surprised at what a hit McDonalds could be. I was proud of Hallie getting out there and being involved with the other kids. It is cute to walk down the halls of her school with her, because she will say hi to the kids she knows while saying their names. She is a pretty social little girl.
                When we left, she said that boy was really nice and he was really pretty too. That is all I will say about that, you all know how I feel about pretty boys and cute boys. We went to the grocery store to get dinner, but Hallie didn’t forget about her cupcake. Even though the grocery store had cupcakes that looked like the ones at the Coco Bean, she wouldn’t settle for an imitation. She had to get an original, no matter how hard I tried to talk her into getting something at the store, she stood firm and held out for what she wanted. I am sure that will be a good trait in the future, but it can be kind of frustrating right now, especially when you are tired. I had to keep telling myself that it was her one night to do what she wanted to do, not mine. It was kind of sad, because when we got to the coco bean they didn’t have the kind she wanted. She got a carrot cake cupcake and said that it wasn’t really the kind she wanted, but she would eat it anyways.
                We had a good time and I still look forward to these every weekend. Annie and I are supposed to start going out on Saturday nights as well, as long as we can get someone to watch the girls. I think Annie has found someone, so when that happens I will be spoiled, being able to go out two nights per week with my girls.
                Before I left for school today, Hallie made me wait for her to draw me a picture. She said it was an, I will miss you today picture. I thought it was pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment