Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tangled Round 2







Well this week wasn’t too different than last week. It was Hallie’s turn to see tangled. Hallie got a haircut and she looked so cute, I can’t believe how old she looked. I had Annie prepare her by telling her we weren’t going to get a treat until after the movie, because I felt guilty sneaking them into the theater last time. I am a softy though at times and I let her pick out something in the theater to share so she picked licorice. At least it was red and not black. She and Annie love black licorice and I hate it.
On the way to the movie, as soon as we got in the car she said to turn up the radio and she was in the back with my sunglasses on dancing along to the music. Then she said to roll down the window, but that didn’t last very long, because it is still pretty cold outside.
She then began to tell me that Shelby is still going to be four when she is 6. Hallie said I will be a lot taller than her when I am six. Right now they associate age with height. As we were driving she said that I really needed to fix my car. I bought it for around $500 when the fuel pump went out in our other car and it has been a great car for me to get to school and back. It has cracks all through the windshield, there is no back bumper, the paint is peeling off of the hood and the speedometer doesn’t work. But it is all wheel drive, has heated seats, the heater works, it does great in the snow and there aint nothing wrong with the radio. (That last part is from a country song by the way).
Hallie said, “I know what happened to your car, someone got in an accident with it”. Then she asked, “If a boy is blind and a dog has to take care of him how is the dog going to drive”? I thought that, that was a pretty insightful question from a five year old. She then asked why the dogs take care of blind people, and wondered how they knew when to stop at stop signs and how they knew to watch out for cars on the road.
This reminded me of a little boy and his sister who look like they are about 10 years old. I see them quite a bit on my way to school while they are on their way to school. The little girl is blind and she just hooks arms with her brother and he guides her along the way. No matter what, even when it is cold and snowy. It always brings tears to my eyes to see how he watches out for her and you can tell that they have a good relationship. I know this is a little off topic, but it also reminds me of when I was in High School and my football coach had talked me into wrestling, because he said that it would make me a better football player. Wrestling definitely wasn’t my sport. I only knew about one move and that is all I would use. We were at a wrestling tournament in Klamath Falls and I had to wrestle a blind guy. It was the third match that I had done and had probably gotten beat the first two times. I didn’t know what I was doing and as soon as we started I used my one move and pinned him in 13 seconds or something like that. Instincts had just taken over. I didn’t know how to take my time with him or anything. I felt so bad afterwards, my mom and dad were there and I just started to cry, because if I would have been thinking, I could have let him beat me and made his day. That moment will probably haunt me for the rest of my life. I don’t know why I went off about that, but now everyone will know how much of a bully I was and even picked on blind kids.
Anyways, back to the movie. We were running late, so Hallie asked if I could go faster so we wouldn’t be late. We got our red vines and Hallie had to sit on my lap, because she got scared at times. The horse that thinks he is a dog is awesome and the chameleon is funny as well. Hallie didn’t like the movie as much as Shelby did, but she still liked it.
We went to a frozen yogurt and pretzel place after wards and Hallie got cotton candy yogurt that she didn’t eat and brought it home to mom who loved it so much we went back the next day to get mom some, but they didn’t make it that day. This was bad, because the one thing that you don’t want to do is get between Annie and her favorite ice cream. I am sure she will be thrilled that I have included that.
We went home and Hallie had a drink and the other girls didn’t, so more drama before bed time. Hallie did reluctantly share, but wasn’t too happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment