One of the great things about being in Rexburg is that everything is so family oriented, including the prices. Tonight we decided to go and see Tangled. Shelby and Hallie really wanted to see that movie and we had heard that is was really good from several people. It is now showing in the cheap theater which is great. Adults are only $3.00 and children are only $2.00. They had a cheap theatre in White city, but it was pretty run down. This one is actually kept up pretty well and you don’t have to fear for your life or your health while you are inside. The movie was actually really good. It was very creative and the whole theatre was engaged the whole time. Shelby and Hallie get scared of every movie if there is a bad person in it, but Shelby didn’t get scared and while she was sitting there eating her runts with her legs crossed on the chair that her little body could barely keep down, she said “I love this movie, it is my favorite one”.
I got home and Shelby had a dress on with her hair all done. I think that it is so funny how they dress up and are so excited to do something just for them. They have become really good about the other one going, because they know that it will be their turn next. This really has been a great experience. I look forward to it every weekend.
Every time we leave, I wonder if they are going to say anything that I can include in here and they never fail to say something worth mentioning. Right when we were pulling out of the driveway, she said that she missed Hallie. Then she said that our date was going to be so fun! She said man dad you haven’t been home in a while. This week I have been working on school projects and working until 10:00-11:00 at night at work then I leave before the girls get up in the morning, so I don’t get to see them very much. This time we got to the stop sign where she always tells me to stop, but she didn’t tell me to stop this time. She decided to spell stop instead. After we passed the sign, she told me that she was going to spell it. I wasn’t sure if she could do it without seeing the word. She said S-T-O-P, STOP. She did it! She was surprised as well and said, I DID IT! YES! She was so proud of herself she would spell it over and over again. She then told me that she has been doing very good at writing her name and she didn’t even write the “e” backwards. She has a hard time deciding which way the e should face, but she is getting it.
The girls went to the dentist this week and Annie had told me that they were all amazing, they didn’t freak out, they just sat there and let them do whatever they needed to. To go with that, on the way to the movie, Shelby said, my teeth are all shiny, the dentist was fun and we were good, I love my new toothbrush.
She then told me that they had a friend over and it was fun, but their friend messed up the playroom. When I got home Annie told me that they were all responsible for the mess. One of the problems with Hallie and Shelby being so close in age, it is hard for one of them to have a friend over without the other one feeling left out. Annie said that Shelby was trying so hard to keep her friend focused on her that while they were watching cartoons Shelby would dramatically pretend like she got hurt and say OUCH really loud so everyone would look at her and ask what had happened. Annie told me that Shelby had done it so much that her friend finally said, Shelby, I am trying to watch the movie. That is a typical Shelby move though. She does some funny stuff to get attention. She has to, she is the middle child.
We stopped by the famous gas station to get our snacks for the movie. I know that the theatre doesn’t like or want you to do that and I am not going to lie, I felt a little guilty walking in there with my pockets bulging and the drinks stuffed in my coat sleeves under my armpits. I probably looked guilty and awkward as well. But hey at least this time I didn’t cram it all into one of their purses and make them commit the crime, like I did with Hallie once.
While we were at the gas station we saw our elders quorum president Karl, who I am friends with and the girls go to their house quite a bit to play with their kids. He said to Shelby, “How did you get to be so cute?” Shelby thought that she was pretty special. After he left and we were getting into the car she said, wouldn’t it be fun for you to have Karl and some other guys come to our house and have a dads day where you guys could just do what you wanted to? I told her that it would be fun.
Shelby got one of the big bags of candy that we never let them get, and while we were at the theater I would take a couple now and then and finally Shelby said, can you stop eating my candy? Then she said, I like your shirt, its handsom, because she didn’t want to offend me. That was pretty funny.
We had a good time and the movie was great. P.S., the battery in the camera died, so I had to use my phone, the pictures kind of stink quality wise.



No comments:
Post a Comment