Now I am all caught up with the things that I had missed. For a small town there is quite a bit to do here in Rexburg, thanks to the college atmosphere, but the long winter makes it tough to do too much. Shelby is the swimmer out of the girls. We started her in swimming lessons last summer and she did great. She still needs a lot of time in the water, but she likes it and is comfortable to a point with it.
There is a place outside of town about 30 miles that I went to with the boy scouts last year that is called Green Canyon Hot Springs. It has a big pool and a medium sized pool that is as warm as a hot tub. Both pools are re-filled by hot springs every day. I looked it up and they were open.
As we left Shelby began to talk like always, we started coming up to the famous stop sign and Shelby said, “Watch where you are going there is a stop sign.” After the stop sign, Shelby said, we are nuts! Cracked nuts! I started laughing and she said, “I Know, I know that I am funny.” Throughout the night she would say, “Oh Harry Potter, or Oh Cotton Balls”. She would say these things in place of where someone would say Oh my gosh or something like that. I don’t know where she comes up with this stuff. That is just Shelby for you.
Shelby’s favorite place to store things is her night stand, she puts everything in there and Annie calls her a pack rat. Shelby was talking to me about how her night stand was not big enough for all of her stuff and she needed more room. She then said that she wanted a bell that she could ring for when we all race to the bathroom at night to brush teeth. The girls love racing from the front door to the bathroom every night, when it is time to brush teeth. I have to race each one of them separately, because each of them cries if they don’t win and right now Hallie will usually win and Shelby gets mad. While I am racing Shelby Hallie says ready set go, and when I race Hallie, Shelby does the same. This is why she wants a bell to ring. She also wants an Ariel doll with a dress and her bangs back.
I didn’t think that the pool would be too busy because it is so far out of town. We decided to drive out there and it seemed like forever. It was snowing lightly the whole time and when we got there the parking lot was packed and the pool was packed. You couldn’t stick your hand out without hitting someone else at first. Luckily, people started to leave as the night went on.
The complicated part was that it was a daddy daughter date, which meant mommy wasn’t there. The place is pretty run down and you have to go through the locker rooms to get changed and go to the pool. There is a girl’s locker room and a boys. For those of you who don’t know, Shelby is a girl and I am a boy. There wasn’t a way for us to get through without going through a locker room. The stalls in the locker rooms don’t have doors either. I managed to take Shelby in one of the bathrooms in the front room and we both got changed in there. I then rushed her through the locker room while covering her eyes. It was hectic to say the least.
We couldn’t find the floaties before we left and I asked Shelby if she wanted to go without them and she said, “Heck No!” She probably learned that from me. We didn’t have the floaties, so it wasn’t as fun for Shelby because it had been so long since she had been in the water. WE kind of just went back and forth from the warm pool to the hot pool. She had fun, but then it was time to go back and get changed. I was dreading this the whole night. We got a stall in the corner of the locker room and I stood between Shelby and the doorway, I managed to get her changed and I without too much drama.
Shelby wanted to go to the Coco “Beam” again, but on the way home she went to sleep and wasn’t going to wake up for anything. I stopped and ran in to get her a cupcake, because I knew she would be crushed if she didn’t get one for the night. We made it home and she went to sleep pretty quickly. It was fun to do something a little different, but it was kind of a pain at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment