Saturday, June 18, 2011

Another Late Night






I have not been too good at keeping up with my posts lately. We have been doing the dates, but I am behind in documenting them.
Tonight was another late night except this time it was Hallie’s turn. We are building a covered entry and replacing this old ugly metal archway and door on the front of our house. The archway was in there so good; I had to hook it up to the car to get it out and broke two straps while doing it. The door finally came out and I was able to put the new one in, but by the time I had cleaned up all of the scraps, nails and screws it was about 9:30 again. I did try to talk Hallie into doing it the next night, but she wouldn’t have it either. These girls know what they want and they expect it to happen if they are planning on it.
We were going to go to kiwi loco and get some yogurt and go bowling at Fat Cats. I was excited, because we were going somewhere other than the craze. We went to Kiwi loco first and some kind of performance at the school must have just finished, because it was packed. Hallie and I found the last two chairs at the bar when Hallie decided to give them up and sit outside. I knew that wasn’t going to last, because it was pretty cold. There were not any other seats inside, so we ended up sitting in the backseat of the car in the parking lot watching toy story 3. I don’t know what it was about the whole situation, but it was a blast sitting back there and watching that show on the cars DVD players. We finished our ice cream at about 10:30 and went to the Rex. I am sure I got plenty of weird looks from other parents walking around with my 5 year old at 10:30 at night in Rexburg when all of the other girls her age were probably asleep.
We were going to go bowling, but when we got there we realized that Hallie had sandals on and didn’t have any socks for bowling so we decided to golf instead. She actually held the club well and did pretty good. I was super excited because on the fourth hole I got a hole in one. That will probably be my first and last one ever. Hallie didn’t think that I was as cool as I thought that I was though.
We had a fun time, but now a week later all of the details are a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment