Date nights are back on track and this week was Shelby’s turn. I didn’t have a camera, so I will post some more sunriver pictures with this one. Shelby wanted to go to the craze, and was thrilled to find out that it was her turn, she has a high pitched scream that she does when she gets excited. This was at 7:45 in the morning and she was already planning out what she was going to where that night. We all met at Wal-Mart that night and I wish I had a picture, Shelby’s hair was in a cute side bun and she had a beautiful spring dress on. I have to admit that I was tired and a little cranky at the beginning. I had just seen two weeks of work go to gas for the cars and toilet paper, soap and other non-exciting things in a matter of minutes.
It didn’t take long for our date to put me into a better mood and enjoy the time that I had to spend with Shelby. We played mini golf first inside the craze. It was definitely homemade compared to Fat Cats. There were a ton of college kids that were taking forever in front of us so we decided to give up on the 6th out of nine holes. We played some video games, one some tickets and traded them for candy. We were going to go to the Coco Bean, but we found a cool new treat place. This frozen yogurt place just opened and it is awesome. There are 10 types of yogurts you can pick from and there are around 30 toppings that you can put on it from fresh fruit and nuts to Rees’s, m&m’s and nerds, there is also hot fudge, caramel, fruit dressings and marshmallow. The best part is that you can do it all yourself and they charge you per ounce. If you guess the weight before you weigh it you get it for free. Six people had guessed the correct weight that day.
We did make the mistake of putting the fruity things with the chocolate ones on Shelby’s and she didn’t like it, so we traded and I ate hers and it wasn’t a great combination. We had fun and Shelby was passed out by the time we got home. I did stop to get some dinner from subway, because Friday night is mom and dad’s time to eat out and watch a movie at home as well. Shelby wanted some chips and has a way of pouting just like her dad, when she doesn’t get her way. I tried to tell her that we had had ice cream and treats from the craze, but that wasn’t good enough. I folded and got the chips as well, but was ready to give her a lecture when we got in the car about being grateful and not throwing a fit when she doesn’t get what she wants, but I convinced myself that this was her one night to be free from lectures and disappointments. I want these nights to have a positive association in their minds so they enjoy going out with dad and can feel comfortable being themselves. There are plenty of other days for dad’s lectures.
No comments:
Post a Comment