When we left Rexburg the first time, I had regrets of not fishing enough, not riding on the world class sand dunes more and not visiting Yellowstone. Therese came to visit and we made a plan to make it up there. The entrance is only about 80 miles from our house and it is a pretty drive once you get into the mountains. We had a good time and saw a lot of animals.
Therese tool us to the bear and wolf sanctuary in the town of west Yellowstone which was cool and informative.
There were a bunch of displays inside with different information regarding wolves and bears.
Mya and a polar bear.
These were some of the pretty wolves.
Hallie and Mya with a cool bald eagle in the background.
Shelby and Mya in a cave.
All three girls
These were the grizzlies in the refuge and they were pretty big and cool.
This is the entrance to Yellowstone. I hadn't been here since I was 9.
There are two elk in this picture across the river. They were both spikes.
This was my favorite part. We saw this big bull grazing about 50 feet from the road. It reminded me of how fun it is to see these animals in the wild. Especially this time of year.
This is the Madison river and it was packed with fisherman everywhere we looked. You can see two of them in the water.
There is a buffalo out in the field a ways, but I also thought that this was a pretty view.
As we were making a stop at the colored springs, I saw this family walking by and couldn't remember their names so I just started yelling at them to stop. They were the Trout family from our ward in Sunriver. Annie was in the primary presidency with Sister Trout and the husband was the young men's president. It was crazy to see someone from there over here and we thought, what were the chances of seeing them at that exact time. It was fun to see them.
Annie, Therese, Hallie and Shelby.
Hallie was throwing a fit in this picture because she didn't want to walk anymore. I didn't want to forget how fun it is when the girls and I get cranky.
We saw a ton of Buffalo.
Old Faithful.
Mya and a little chipmunk.
I will always remember coming to old faithful when I was younger. This is where I got my first swiss army knife from one of the gift stores. I remember my dad telling me not to cut myself and I remember slicing my thumb pretty badly while cutting an apple not to long after. I did learn to not do that again.
There were buffalo crossing the road and this van full of people was not obeying the distance rule for the animals. I was trying to catch a moment where the Buffalo charged one of them, but we weren't that lucky.
These were about ten yards in front of the car.
This was right in front of our front bumper.
You can see the hood of the car in this picture. It was awesome to be that close.
We had a good time, there is so much more to see and do up there. I would love to go back and camp and fish with a little more time.
No comments:
Post a Comment