Well today I was pretty tired. I only have one more week left in this semester and all of the final projects and assignments are due. For some reason, I just wanted to come home and take a nap on the couch. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by a beautiful and enthusiastic Hallie that said, “I’m ready for our date dad”. How could I say no to that? I am glad that they have come to expect their dates and I can’t get away without living up to my commitment. There wasn’t too much said tonight, or if there was I wasn’t too attentive due to being tired. The conversation on the way to the Craze was about telephone poles and why we have them. Hallie had to go to the craze because Shelby had gone there the week before. It is finally starting to warm up and most of the snow is gone, so we will hopefully be able to do some more activities outside. There are some fun parks and other things to do as well. We will try to add a little variety to the dates.
Hallie played on the play structure for a few minutes then she had to ride the mechanical horse and play some games. She won quite a few tickets and bought a rubbery spider with them which of course became an object to fight over when we got home. Shelby is counting down the days until her date so she can get one too. So I am sure that is where we will be going next week as well. There wasn’t much surprise as to where we were going for a treat. You guessed it, the Coco Bean. We had our cupcakes and took a drive around my school, because Hallie wanted to see it, but she didn’t want to go inside.
We stopped by the temple and took a walk around the outside. It was warm enough to be outside for a change. We got to see the angel Moroni at the top and Hallie is dead set on convincing me that Moroni was the first prophet. I learned that almost all of the angels face east, which is interesting, because the Rexburg Temple sits at the top of the hill and the front would have looked great facing the valley, but to keep Moroni facing east they changed the way that it sat. That was just a side note.
The most exciting part of the night was next. This wasn’t planned or expected. We were on our way home and we were driving by Rexburg Motorsports where I work on the weekends now and one of my managers from when I worked in sales was still there and it was about 9:00 at night. We stopped by to say hi, and get some pictures of Hallie inside on some machines. I talked to him and took some pictures then I had asked him about the little four wheeler in the back of his truck. He said that it was his kids but they wanted dirt bikes. He let Hallie ride it around the parking lot. I thought that she would be scared and wasn’t going to do it, but she got on there and ripped around the parking lot. She loved it! He said that we could take it home so I could show Annie how great she did on it. We crammed it into the back of the Volvo and had it sitting right in front of the door with Hallie on it before Mom came and opened it. She opened the door and said, “What in the world are you doing with that”! Hallie started cracking up, because we were talking about mom’s reaction the whole way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment